Download this white paper to find out how the right cloud performance management system needs to incorporate performance management from three different perspectives: FROM the cloud, OF the cloud and FOR the cloud. This approach will help you to quickly pinpoint the root cause of a problem by providing a much more holistic view into every tier of the cloud infrastructure – ensuring quick resolution – or even prevention – so business services are running smoothly.
Eight in ten users have deleted apps because they didn’t perform correctly. More than half have deleted a low-performing app without giving it a second chance. Read The App Attention Index 2017 study to see where enterprises are coming up short in meeting user expectations — and how to turn those failings into a competitive advantage.
In this white paper, Top Challenges and Best Practices for Virtualizing Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop on VMware vSphere, you will discover how address some of these challenges, including how to:
- Prevent common problems in the storage, network, compute and memory tiers
- Configure VMware vSphere and Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop for maximum reliability, performance and scalability
- Identify and monitor the right performance metrics
- Get complete visibility into your virtualized environment to deliver performance, end user satisfaction and cost control
EMA Research surveyed 100 IT professionals on the “front lines” of application delivery and uncovered startling findings about unprecedented complexity, diminishing visibility, and an emerging reliance on better user experience monitoring. Download the white paper to find out more.
As IT applications have been increasingly used to support online businesses, there is an increasing realization that application performance is as, if not more, important than that of the infrastructure. Ensuring that a server’s CPU utilization is normal is not a guarantee that users are happy with the performance of the application. Converging application and infrastructure performance monitoring into one single pane of glass covers the reach, depth and speed needed to effectively monitor all of the different platforms required, the level of visibility to drill down into application code issues and the automation required into supporting infrastructures for quick diagnosis and resolution. Download this white paper to discover how converged application and infrastructure performance monitoring can help you proactively discover, diagnose and resolve performance issues and applications to consistently deliver great user experience.
If you've embraced digital business but are still using yesterday's web monitoring technologies, you're going to fall behind your competitors. Download the latest report from Catchpoint featuring Gartner research, to learn how to enhance your digital business strategy with digital experience monitoring and deliver amazing experiences to your customers. This premium content includes a complimentary Gartner report, "Innovation Insight for Digital Experience Monitoring," written by Gartner research VP Will Cappelli. This guide covers:
- The definition and business imperative of digital experience monitoring
- How DEM differs from web monitoring and APM
- Using synthetic monitoring and real user measurement in the same platform
- The importance of API monitoring as part of any DEM strategy
- How to turn DEM performance data into business insights using Catchpoint
- Real-life DEM success stories from Catchpoint customers
In partnership with Internet Retailer, Catchpoint presents a report on how leading retailers leverage data collected at every touchpoint to customize every interaction with shoppers. Many retailers sell through multiple channels—often through stores, websites, catalogs, contact centers, sometimes even social media. In an ideal world they would be able to leverage what they know about each shopper from all channels to deliver a truly relevant, individualized customer experience. This report takes a deeper look into omnichannel personalization and helps to answer the major questions on every retailers’ mind, including:
- Where should a retailer start?
- What data should be used first?
- How can it be put to use to increase sales?
This custom report explores the state of SaaS performance, examining several of the key challenges SaaS providers currently face or will face in the near future due to increasing complexity. Key Findings:
- The cost of poor performance to SaaS providers including service level penalties, personnel, and churn
- The negative brand impact of user dissatisfaction
- The biggest infrastructure challenges to delivering SaaS applications
- The "must-haves" in tools that monitor and manage SaaS application performance
In this report, author Jim Bird explains other DevOps benefits that are far more important for the financial services industry, such as improving security and compliance, reducing technical risks and operational costs, and increasing transparency. Bird, a CTO with extensive experience in the global financial industry, has updated this report with current case studies that reflect recent events and trends in the financial services industry. You’ll also learn about related technological concerns that include containers, microservices, and security (devsecops). This report explores:
- The challenges facing any would-be change agent advocating for DevOps
- DevOps methodologies such as continuous delivery, test automation, security as code, compliance as code, incident response, secure infrastructure as code, and more
- Moving from a project-delivery orientation to an operational mindset
- Real-world strategies for maintaining control over change, minimizing security risks, and meeting compliance and governance requirements
Because it hosts the core business logic, the performance of the Java middleware tier has a significant impact on the performance of the business services that it supports. Since all Java applications (whether client-server or web-based) run on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM), monitoring of the JVM can provide key insights into performance issues that could have a significant impact on the supported business services. For example, a single run-away thread in the JVM could take up significant CPU resources, slowing down performance for the entire service. Alternatively, a deadlock between two key threads could bring the business service to a grinding halt. This white paper focuses on monitoring at the JVM layer and provides use cases to highlight how JVM monitoring can help pinpoint and resolve the cause of complex performance issues.
One of the biggest challenges in virtualized infrastructure impacting application performance is the ability to manage resource contention in the underlying storage infrastructure. A common approach to reduce the impact of this challenge is to over-provision storage platforms with IO and disk capacity and manage mission-critical applications in silos. The adoption of SSD all-flash arrays tends to eliminate the IO bottleneck, as all-flash offer 10x+ the IOPS capacity. However, the challenge of workload alignment, heterogeneous storage management, and efficient capacity planning remain when introducing SSD arrays into virtual & cloud environments. So, how can we overcome all of these tough challenges? This paper answers these questions and explores storage virtualization in-depth.
This white paper is for leaders of Operations, Engineering, or Infrastructure teams who are creating or executing an IT roadmap. It discusses the challenges that must be recognized and questions that must be considered in order to succeed in this new cloud era. The paper will cover:
- Performance: It’s Still Your Problem
- Cost: “Cloud Scale” Still Gets Expensive
- Agility: Easily Talked About, Not Easily Done
- Cloudy with a Good Chance of Vendor Lock-In
- Choosing the Right Cloud
This paper explores some of the common challenges facing VDI planning, deployment, operations, and Turbonomic’s unique approach for addressing them. The whitepaper will explore how you can assure performance of virtual desktops with autonomic intelligent workload placement, sizing and provisioning to minimize latency, drive efficiency and control I/O intensive tasks. Download this whitepaper and learn:
- The challenges of virtual desktop infrastructure
- How to assure performance of virtual desktops with autonomic intelligence
- How to leverage existing storage investments for VDI
- How to plan for VDI and deliver an exceptional end-user experience 24/7
- How to quickly place new desktop workloads factoring in real-time resource allocation and continuous changes in the underlying infrastructure
- Prevent I/O intensive tasks (e.g. patch updates, antivirus updates, reboots) from overtaxing your storage footprint
How do you manage effective implementation in the hybrid cloud? The hybrid cloud has been heralded as a promising IT operational model enabling enterprises to maintain security and control over the infrastructure on which their applications run. At the same time, it promises to maximize ROI from their local data center and leverage public cloud infrastructure for an occasional demand spike. Public Clouds are relatively new in the IT landscape and their adoption has accelerated over the last few years with multiple vendors now offering solutions as well as improved on-ramps for workloads to ease the adoption of hybrid cloud model. With these advances and the ability to choose between a local data center and multiple public cloud offerings, one fundamental question must still be answered: What, When and Where do you run workloads to guarantee performance while maximizing the efficiency. In this whitepaper you will learn:
- A brief history of hybrid cloud
- The different public cloud offerings on the market
- Why public cloud adoption is skyrocketing
- The challenges that come with adopting public cloud
- The “what, when and where” to run your workloads
- How Turbonomic’s solution can help accelerate cloud adoption with Autonomic IT
How do you think about your applications today? In this paper, Turbonomics examines the evolution of enterprise applications, the data centers in which these applications reside and the increasing expectations of businesses and end-users on the Quality of Service their applications deliver. The paper also discusses Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and why this approach is no longer sufficient to meet today’s complex data center and application design, nor meet end-user and business expectations.
In today’s application economy, customers expect a seamless digital experience and nothing less. Now more than ever it is imperative that organizations differentiate themselves to stand out from countless competitors. As a result, investments in Digital Transformation initiatives are growing and although the benefits are clear, the road to success may not be. This study conducted by Vason Bourne on behalf of CA Technologies, highlights the importance of improving digital experience along with the challenges and benefits of Digital Transformation.
Download a complimentary copy of the full Gartner Magic Quadrant report.
In this new report, The State of Multi-Cloud Architecture, Part 2, Turbonomic addresses the question: What can go wrong, and what does go wrong when implementing Multi-Cloud? The report highlights:
- Implementation Challenges
- Vendor Selection
- Technical and business requirements facing multi-cloud adoption
Download the second in the series of four reports to learn how your organization stacks up: What challenges will you face? Which vendor is right for your organization? What challenges lie ahead when you adopt Multi-Cloud?
As organizations scale, planning for greater application workload demand is critical. IT cannot afford to be seen as a bottleneck to successful business growth. Moreover, the larger the organization and the faster the growth the higher the stakes. Planning ahead is key, but as this eBook will discuss, equally important is the foundation you use to make projections. The reality is that smarter capacity planning starts with a better understanding of the virtual environments and the interdependencies of data center entities. In this ebook, you will learn:
- The foundation for making intelligent capacity projections
- Resource consumption and how to think about their allocation
- Ways to assure application QoS as you provision
- How to manage fast growing physical and virtual environments
- A solution to managing the complex environment using economic abstractions and “what-if” scenarios
Download a complementary copy of The Forrester Wave: Application Performance Management, Q3 2016, from CA Technologies or AppDynamics.