Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch, and the Elastic Stack, announced general availability of its 6.0 release.
Available both for Elastic’s on-premise offerings and in Elastic Cloud, the 6.0 release includes new capabilities to help organizations manage, deploy, and operate the Elastic Stack, new Kibana accessibility features, and performance improvements for handling data to improve storage and reduce costs.
“I would like to thank our entire user community and customers for always pushing us to make our products better and contributing to our releases,” said Shay Banon, Elastic Founder & CEO. “The 6.0 release takes our entire stack to another level with lots of new user experience features for visualizing data, managing the operations for their Elastic Stack deployments, upgrading between versions, and ingesting data from new data sources.”
- Simplified upgrade experience to migrate between major versions
- New operation-based data replication framework, for faster data recovery
- New way to store sparse fields efficiently, lowering storage costs
- Index time sorting for faster sorted query performance
- Distributed watch execution for better control and performance at scale (X-Pack)
- New security defaults for an tighter security-by-default stance (X-Pack)
- Full screen mode for dashboards; leave no pixel behind
- Accessibility improvements such as color contrast, support for screen readers, and keyboard navigation
- Kuery, a new query language that takes the Kibana search bar experience up a notch
- Single click export of Kibana search results to CSV files (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- Upgrade Assistant UI, to simplify your migration experience (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- Dashboard Only mode, for worry free dashboard sharing (X-Pack)
- New Alerting UI for easy creation and management of threshold-based alerts (X-Pack)
- Automatic email notifications on Elastic Stack monitoring alerts (X-Pack)
- Auditbeat, a new Beat for ingesting complex from Linux Audit Framework
- Improved monitoring for Docker and Kubernetes deployments
- Metricbeat modules: RabbitMQ, Aerospike, Memcached, Dropwizard, vSphere
- Filebeat modules: Redis, ICINGA
- Migration tool to easily convert Ingest Node pipelines into Logstash configs
- Run and manage multiple Logstash pipelines
- Pipeline Viewer, a better way to view and monitor your Logstash pipelines (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- New Central Management UI to create and manage multiple Logstash pipelines in a single place (X-Pack)
Elastic Cloud Enterprise
- Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) 1.1: support for 6.0, offline installation, and new features for simplifying provisioning, management and monitoring
As cloud computing continues to grow, tech pros say they are increasingly prioritizing areas like hybrid infrastructure management, application performance management (APM), and security management to optimize delivery for the organizations they serve, according to ...
Businesses see digital experience as a growing priority and a key to their success, with execution requiring a more integrated approach across development, IT and business users, according to Digital Experiences: Where the Industry Stands ...
Fully 90% of those who use observability tooling say those tools are important to their team's software development success, including 39% who say observability tools are very important ...
As our production application systems continuously increase in complexity, the challenges of understanding, debugging, and improving them keep growing by orders of magnitude. The practice of Observability addresses both the social and the technological challenges of wrangling complexity and working toward achieving production excellence. New research shows how observable systems and practices are changing the APM landscape ...
The enforced change to working from home (WFH) has had a massive impact on businesses, not just in the way they manage their employees and IT systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, enterprise IT teams are looking to answer key questions such as: Which applications have become more critical for working from home? ...
In ancient times — February 2020 — EMA research found that more than 50% of IT leaders surveyed were considering new ITSM platforms in the near future. The future arrived with a bang as IT organizations turbo-pivoted to deliver and support unprecedented levels and types of services to a global workplace suddenly working from home ...
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world. From augmented reality advanced analytics to new consumer solutions, IoT and the cloud are together redefining both how we work and how we engage with our audiences. They are changing how we live, as well ...
Despite IT professionals' confidence in their ability to support today's much greater dependence on digital services, there is a rise in application performance errors reported by more than half of consumers, according to the Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Transformation survey from xMatters ...
The new normal includes not only periodic recurrences of Covid-19 outbreaks but also the periodic emergence of new global pandemics. This means putting in place at least three layers of digital business continuity practice ...