Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch, and the Elastic Stack, announced general availability of its 6.0 release.
Available both for Elastic’s on-premise offerings and in Elastic Cloud, the 6.0 release includes new capabilities to help organizations manage, deploy, and operate the Elastic Stack, new Kibana accessibility features, and performance improvements for handling data to improve storage and reduce costs.
“I would like to thank our entire user community and customers for always pushing us to make our products better and contributing to our releases,” said Shay Banon, Elastic Founder & CEO. “The 6.0 release takes our entire stack to another level with lots of new user experience features for visualizing data, managing the operations for their Elastic Stack deployments, upgrading between versions, and ingesting data from new data sources.”
- Simplified upgrade experience to migrate between major versions
- New operation-based data replication framework, for faster data recovery
- New way to store sparse fields efficiently, lowering storage costs
- Index time sorting for faster sorted query performance
- Distributed watch execution for better control and performance at scale (X-Pack)
- New security defaults for an tighter security-by-default stance (X-Pack)
- Full screen mode for dashboards; leave no pixel behind
- Accessibility improvements such as color contrast, support for screen readers, and keyboard navigation
- Kuery, a new query language that takes the Kibana search bar experience up a notch
- Single click export of Kibana search results to CSV files (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- Upgrade Assistant UI, to simplify your migration experience (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- Dashboard Only mode, for worry free dashboard sharing (X-Pack)
- New Alerting UI for easy creation and management of threshold-based alerts (X-Pack)
- Automatic email notifications on Elastic Stack monitoring alerts (X-Pack)
- Auditbeat, a new Beat for ingesting complex from Linux Audit Framework
- Improved monitoring for Docker and Kubernetes deployments
- Metricbeat modules: RabbitMQ, Aerospike, Memcached, Dropwizard, vSphere
- Filebeat modules: Redis, ICINGA
- Migration tool to easily convert Ingest Node pipelines into Logstash configs
- Run and manage multiple Logstash pipelines
- Pipeline Viewer, a better way to view and monitor your Logstash pipelines (Free in X-Pack Basic)
- New Central Management UI to create and manage multiple Logstash pipelines in a single place (X-Pack)
Elastic Cloud Enterprise
- Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) 1.1: support for 6.0, offline installation, and new features for simplifying provisioning, management and monitoring
Organizations that are working with artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) have, on average, four AI/ML projects in place, according to a recent survey by Gartner, Inc. Of all respondents, 59% said they have AI deployed today ...
The 11th anniversary of the Apple App Store frames a momentous time period in how we interact with each other and the services upon which we have come to rely. Even so, we continue to have our in-app mobile experiences marred by poor performance and instability. Apple has done little to help, and other tools provide little to no visibility and benchmarks on which to prioritize our efforts outside of crashes ...
Confidence in artificial intelligence (AI) and its ability to enhance network operations is high, but only if the issue of bias is tackled. Service providers (68%) are most concerned about the bias impact of "bad or incomplete data sets," since effective AI requires clean, high quality, unbiased data, according to a new survey of communication service providers ...
Every internet connected network needs a visibility platform for traffic monitoring, information security and infrastructure security. To accomplish this, most enterprise networks utilize from four to seven specialized tools on network links in order to monitor, capture and analyze traffic. Connecting tools to live links with TAPs allow network managers to safely see, analyze and protect traffic without compromising network reliability. However, like most networking equipment it's critical that installation and configuration are done properly ...
The Democratic presidential debates are likely to have many people switching back-and-forth between live streams over the coming months. This is going to be especially true in the days before and after each debate, which will mean many office networks are likely to see a greater share of their total capacity going to streaming news services than ever before ...
Monitoring of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) infrastructures has become a key concern over the last several years. Modern versions of these systems need continual monitoring to stay energy efficient and deliver satisfactory comfort to building occupants. This is because there are a large number of environmental sensors and motorized control systems within HVAC systems. Proper monitoring helps maintain a consistent temperature to reduce energy and maintenance costs for this type of infrastructure ...
Shoppers won’t wait for retailers, according to a new research report titled, 2019 Retailer Website Performance Evaluation: Are Retail Websites Meeting Shopper Expectations? from Yottaa ...
Customer satisfaction and retention were the top concerns for a majority (58%) of IT leaders when suffering downtime or outages, according to a survey of top IT leaders conducted by AIOps Exchange. The effect of service interruptions on customers outweighed other concerns such as loss of revenue, brand reputation, negative press coverage, or the impact on IT Ops teams.
It is inevitable that employee productivity and the quality of customer experiences suffer as a consequence of the poor performance of O365. The quick detection and rapid resolution of problems associated with O365 are top of mind for any organization to keep its business humming ...
Employees at British businesses rate computer downtime as the most significant irritant at their current workplace (41 percent) when asked to pick their top three ...