When it comes to test automation, planning matters. So, who better to learn from than leading test automation guru, Joe Colantonio? In this comprehensive guide, Joe starts with the basics of Agile and DevOps, then walks you through a step-by-step plan for developing the three pillars of an effective continuous testing practice: People, Process, and Technology. He wraps it up with 5 tips to get the ball rolling when creating your own CT plan and a glimpse into the future of where test automation is headed - Hint: it’s AI and machine learning. A must-read for anyone planning test automation or continuous testing!
Continuous Testing has undeniably become imperative — especially now that 97% of organizations have adopted Agile and 71% are practicing or adopting DevOps. Still, most enterprises struggle to set a mature, sustainable Continuous Testing process in place. This eBook will help you chart the most effective path to an optimized Continuous Testing process, as well as measure your progress in terms that your business cares about. It covers:
- The top 3 roadblocks to long-term Continuous Testing adoption in enterprise testing environments
- A phased strategy for building a sustainable Continuous Testing process that overcomes these roadblocks
- KPIs you can use to assess the progress made at each step of the Continuous Testing journey
Download now to understand what specific steps are required to advance your organization’s Continuous Testing initiatives and how to quantify progress in terms of speed, quality, and cost benefits.
This white paper shows how RTView Monitoring can reduce severity 1 & 2 incidents by up to 80% and improve MTTR. Correlate performance across TIBCO and non-TIBCO technologies for greater operational insight and faster response.
Agile practices help improve development speed and reduce release cycle time. But if testing is still happening late in the dev cycle, it’s harder to find bugs and resolve them by the end of the sprint. To get to shorter and highly innovative release schedules, automated QA cycles should be introduced earlier in the SDLC, or “shifted to the left”. Shifting left is no easy task, so we’ve mapped out how to get you there without impacting your dev cycle. Download the 5 Step Process now to learn:
- Which tests to automate & how to get started
- How to build trust with developers and gain access to the CI workflow
- What to do when a test fails & more
This Application Management eBook examines how microservices-based applications differ from traditional app architectures, the unique management challenges microservices create, and how DevOps and IT Ops teams can effectively address those challenges by adopting a new approach to Service Quality Management, tailored for the brave new world of microservices.
Struggling to choose the correct web testing frameworks for your projects? Get a breakdown of the market's cross-browser testing tools and top 10 test automation frameworks with details on feature sets, as well as the pros and cons of each tool.
Containers and microservices have created a gap when trying to monitor and manage application performance. In this new complex application system, APM tools must use Artificial Intelligence to automate setup and analyze data for troubleshooting. This eBook outlines six fundamental capabilities needed to apply AI to application management for containerized microservice applications.
Selenium is the standard when it comes to open source browser testing frameworks. It can help you get your test automation up to par, but comes with its own set of challenges. Download this eBook and you’ll learn:
- Key differences between Selenium WebDriver, Grid and IDE
- Challenges that come with scaling Selenium and what tools you need to get around them
- How to make success with Selenium a reality
- Plus, you’ll get four pro tips that will guide you in where to focus your efforts to make Selenium work for you.
Continuous testing (CT) is about reducing risk. With CT, despite quicker release schedules, you’re releasing quality code each and every time. CT isn’t easy. A successful CT implementation depends on the alignment of people, processes, and technology. Download this eBook and learn how to:
• Ensure that you have the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles
• Improve processes to focus on quality, stability and efficiency
• Align technologies for a test lab that meets both DevOps objectives and CT requirements
Plus, you’ll get the 5 Step Plan for Building Your Continuous Testing Foundation and 8 Key Considerations for Executives When Planning for CT.
How do successful brands drive revenue, and attract and retain loyal customers? Over 1,000 enterprise-level web and mobile professionals responded to our survey and now you can read their insights. Key findings in this report include:
- Companies are struggling to release quality digital products fast enough
- A unified team for both mobile and desktop web testing is critical to many enterprises
- Automation testing is a must to keep up with the pace of digital
- Testing for real user conditions is a major opportunity to improve the digital experience
According to Forrester, the right engagement model can help companies achieve double-digit growth. Simply put, establishing trust through differentiated and secure digital experiences is key to competing in today’s marketplace. Achieve the necessary balance and your company wins. This handbook is designed to start you on the road to achieving this equilibrium by creating a virtuous circle of interaction with your customers.
This report contains findings and recommendations from a study by Forrester Research about what sets top digital businesses apart on their path to Digital Maturity.
eG Enterprise delivers the first converged application and infrastructure performance monitoring solution, providing unified visibility of application performance, end-user experience, and infrastructure health — all from a single pane of glass. Read this white paper to find out how eG Enterprise’s converged application and infrastructure monitoring capabilities help you:
- Proactively detect user experience issues before your customers are impacted
- Trace business transactions and isolate the cause of application slowness
- Get code-level visibility to identify inefficient application code and slow database queries
- Automatically map application dependencies within the infrastructure to pinpoint the root cause of the problem
IBM commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct this Total Economic Impact (TEI) study that examines the potential return on investment (ROI) for IBM Cloud Application Performance Management (APM). The study determined that, on average, organizations using APM could realize an Net Present Value (NPV) benefit of $6.5 million, with an ROI of 139% over a 3 year period.
Read this survey analysis report and understand how the industry is gearing up for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x adoption:
- The expectations from Citrix admins about the migration to XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x
- Key factors driving adoption of 7.x
- Challenges expected before, during and after migration
- Citrix Cloud adoption trends
- Performance management needs and concerns
For years, IT managers have sought a single-pane-of-glass tool that can help them monitor and manage all aspects of their IT infrastructure - from desktops to servers, hardware to application code, and networks to storage. Read this eG Innovations white paper as it discusses the problem of "monitoring tool sprawl."
- How an organization ends up with more tools than what they need
- The challenges of dealing with multiple tools
- Myths and popular misconceptions about a single-pane-of-glass monitoring tool
- Best practices for achieving unified IT monitoring
- Benefits of consolidating monitoring into a single-pane-of-glass monitoring solution
This ebook reviews the most common methods for monitoring TIBCO environments and show why adopting an end-to-end monitoring platform to monitor on-premise, hybrid, or cloud applications and the supporting infrastructure is the best solution.
RTView Enterprise Monitor aggregates health and performance data of individual components to interpret the impact on your top-level business applications and middleware platforms so that you can instantly grasp the bigger picture in context.