Kubernetes has become the cloud-native standard. However, it is a complex technology, and companies are still struggling to use it properly and effectively. Adding engineers is one way to solve the problem but doesn’t always address performance problems. When IT doesn’t have visibility into Kubernetes performance, optimal performance and cost containment are hard to achieve. Automation is key to optimizing performance.
The report on digital experience monitoring (DEM) is based on a survey of 22 leading DEM vendors, addressing user experience monitoring for cloud and software as a service (SaaS), and the importance of real-time traffic intelligence provided by DPI. Evaluation criteria includes:
- Key factors influencing the adoption of DEM
- Techniques used in DEM, namely STM and RUM
- DEM metrics and corresponding data requirements
- Role of DPI in DEM
- Integration of DPI in today’s DEM tools
By using deep packet inspection (DPI) technology, APM tools are able to go beyond the usual simple network management protocol (SNMP) and flow-based traffic monitoring to detect performance issues. DPI is a technique for monitoring network and application traffic at packet level. Using response time metrics for packets sent between clients and servers, enterprise administrators can regulate traffic flows and differentiate between network and application issues. This whitepaper uncovers the need for application awareness and detailed traffic analytics to enhance application performance monitoring and discusses why DPI is crucial for achieving an up-to-date overview of system traffic, determining root causes of performance issues, detecting inappropriate traffic and security risks, and reacting to network slowdowns (which often remain undetected) before they impact end users.
Expensive or inefficient queries can seriously hamper your system’s overall performance, causing missed SLAs, slow database resources, and negative impacts on other users. Download this recent eBook to learn how you can improve your big data query performance while keeping costs in line.
Spark has provided enterprises with massive gains when it comes to leveraging and processing big data. However, that’s not to say it doesn’t come with its challenges. Download this eBook to discover how you can:
Need insight into how other enterprises are running their big data workloads in the cloud? After polling 750 respondents from various industries, we’re uncovering the results. Download this report now to see how enterprises are thinking about their big data applications in the cloud, whether they are staying within budget, and what their strategies are for optimizing operations.
Customer experience — often the frontend of a mobile, web or business application — is one of the most important metrics for success. It relies on layers of interconnected technologies that work together to deliver information, transactions and interactions to an end user. And users are hungry for more. Our apps and services are expected to work quickly and seamlessly on any number of devices, from different kinds of networks and in different locations around the globe. Monitoring the infrastructure that supports those experiences — layers of interconnected technologies that become more complex every year — is key to any organization’s success. Download this eBook to learn:
- How complex IT infrastructures create opportunities for failure
- The benefits of observability in IT operations
- How an infrastructure monitoring practice benefits other teams
As your org progresses through its DevOps journey, what are the best practices that successful teams use that you should follow? Puppet and Splunk surveyed more than 3,000 participants and the findings reveal a set of core DevOps practices that are critical for success. Discover what separates successful DevOps teams from those that fail, and learn the next steps to take on your DevOps journey. Download this guide to learn:
- Key practices required to be a mature DevOps organization
- Why collaboration is paramount to a team’s success
- The importance of real-time monitoring and observability, and key metrics to track
To make your cloud migration journey successful in government, register for your complimentary copy of the e-book Get Your Cloud & Hybrid Migration Strategy Right in Government. You’ll learn:
- How to make the transition to the cloud as seamless as possible
- Why you need full visibility into your infrastructure before, during and after migration
- How IT, security and operations teams can maximize the ROI from moving to the cloud
Do you rely on big data and the cloud? Then effective scalability in cloud computing is crucial to your organization's success. As scaling has moved beyond human capability in today's fast-paced environment, it's important to learn how to continue meeting today's requirements and get the most value from your data. Download this white paper to understand and unlock the power of cloud computing scalability today.
Don’t miss out on possible business insights for lack of the right tools. Download a complimentary copy of AI and Machine Learning in Your Organization to learn about:
- The critical role AI and machine learning play in finding answers
- How data is the fuel for your machine learning and AI-powered initiatives
- The ways in which AI and machine learning are being applied today to bolster IT operations and security
As customers increasingly rely on web services, speed and dependability are crucial for their online experience — and your bottom line. With digital experience monitoring (DEM), your organization can achieve greater observability, keep up with an optimal customer-centric digital strategy and respond to problems more effectively. But it’s important to understand which monitoring solution best fits your business needs. Read this white paper to learn how DEM can improve your web performance, including:
- Why DEM is critical for a great customer experience
- The benefits of front-end application monitoring solutions
- How to choose the right solution for your organization
APIs are no longer simply business differentiators — they’re the drivers of today’s infrastructure and applications, and rely on dependable and secure data to function properly. That’s why it’s so important for organizations to be able to understand and monitor their API performance. Read this e-book to learn about the basic functions of APIs, as well as:
- How API monitoring helps you uphold your SLAs
- What to test with your API monitoring
- How to handle different forms of API authentication
Download your copy of Six Cloud Strategy Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them and learn how you can develop a strong data strategy and platform to:
- Eliminate runaway costs
- Retain stability while accelerating innovation
- Ensure security in the cloud
- Better integrate new tools
- And get the most of your data
The digital landscape, market competition, and changing cloud computing models are forcing IT executives to rethink their strategy. Investments are being made in every corner of the infrastructure to manage applications, networks, and business services. However, this approach has left several monitoring tools obsolete, and as workloads are shifted from on-premises to a complex hybrid cloud environment, IT is losing control and visibility. A simpler and intelligent tool that integrates with existing systems and provides uninterrupted business service will boost investment in IT.
You need Microsoft 365 not just running but running well. Get your eBook today and find out how to turn Microsoft 365 interruption into insight. In this technical read, Microsoft Cloud MVP, Nick Cavalancia examines:
- The challenges of troubleshooting Microsoft 365.
- The need for proactive service quality management by correlating end-to-end data.
- The high-level metrics and data points that are useful in providing Microsoft 365 insight.
- How to leverage these insights to achieve proper response and remediation.
This research report puts in front of you the ground reality of what is really shaping up the IT performance markets in 2020. More than 3,500 organizations were surveyed, around a variety of topics about managing IT performance. The report identifies 19 key areas that are having the strongest impact on IT performance markets in 2020. Some of the key findings highlight an almost 3X increase in AIOps adoption, importance of Outcomes in selection criteria, how IT ‘blind spots' are becoming a real challenge and how IT organizations are having a common goal to make their IT data more actionable!
Read this ebook and discover how you can leverage the right data platform to ensure a data-first strategy that helps you:
- Automate responses at machine speeds in near real time
- Unlock full-fidelity tracings
- Maintain a strong security posture in the cloud
- Gain AI-driven troubleshooting and infinite cardinality
Read this ebook and learn about how modernizing your APM solution can help you on your cloud-native journey, as well as:
- Why traditional APMs can’t get the job done
- The benefits of full-fidelity tracing
- How microservices introduce complexity — and agility
COVID-19 shifted the already rapid pace of digital transformation into a higher gear we didn’t even know existed. We’ve fully arrived in the Data Age, defined by interconnected data and digital technologies. Looking at 2021, Splunk experts prognosticate:
- Leading through crisis: What will separate inspirational success from failures of leadership?
- Strategic shifts: What one priority will guide leading organizations through existential crises?
- Digital transformation: Yes, technology. But how will your approach to talent define DX success?
Get these answers, and an overview of Splunk's Emerging Technology, Data Security and IT Operations reports, in this executive report.