Gigamon announced general availability of a data-in-motion visibility platform for the cloud that enables organizations to gain consistent insight and access across their corporate infrastructure to manage workloads and applications as they scale to the cloud.
Cloud architects, SecOps and DevOps teams can obtain deep visibility into data-in-motion regardless of infrastructure location, whether owned on-premises or consumed on a cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), thereby providing them with the same visibility required to perform content inspection and secure their mission-critical workloads.
The Gigamon Visibility Platform for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) offers:
- One consistent method to gain visibility into network traffic in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), eliminating both the visibility gap and the need for custom agents
- Ability to consolidate and distribute traffic to multiple tools for enhanced performance. Security teams can customize traffic sent to each security tool to increase its effectiveness
- Advanced traffic intelligence functions including Gigamon’s patented Flow Mapping and GigaSMART applications - Sampling, Slicing, and Masking - to deliver only the traffic of interest to security tools, and in doing so, maximize their efficiency
- An intuitive drag-and-drop user interface on GigaVUE-FM to quickly configure traffic policies
- An agnostic platform, benefiting any security tool, management tool and application that needs network traffic for analysis and inspection
- The flexibility to run security tools anywhere – on-premises, in the same Amazon VPC, or in a centralized Amazon VPC
“The Gigamon Visibility Platform enables our customers to accelerate their ‘lift and shift’ strategy as they move workloads on AWS,” said Tim Jefferson, Global Ecosystem Leader-Security, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “They can now accelerate migration of their existing applications and workloads, while gaining greater visibility into network traffic for richer content inspection and protection of their mission-critical workloads and data.”
“During the course of the last year, many customers and partners asked us to deliver a solution that provides the same level of visibility in the cloud as we offer on-premises,” said Ananda Rajagopal, VP of Products, at Gigamon. “We developed the Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS to enable our customers to have one consistent visibility platform regardless of workload location. Now these customers can effectively manage, secure and understand all of their data-in-motion across their enterprise and AWS cloud environments.”
The Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS is built for elastic scale. Highlights include:
- Integration between GigaVUE-FM, Amazon EC2 APIs and Amazon CloudWatch to automatically discover new virtual machines (Amazon EC2 instances) or ongoing changes in a VPC
- “Automatic Target Selection” for elastic visibility as applications scale-out: Innovative, patent-pending method to automatically select and deliver traffic that matches a configured policy as new instances spin up
- A patent-pending controller-based elastic architecture that enables organizations to start small and massively scale out to maximize the benefits in a public cloud IaaS
- Open REST APIs for third-party management applications to orchestrate and automate visibility or tool vendors to perform closed loop detect-react-respond to traffic analysis
See What Matters – On-premise or on AWS
- Access, categorize, and consolidate the delivery of network traffic to out-of-band security and performance management tools
See More. Secure More – Obtain common visibility across all enterprise VPCs
- Mitigate risk and ensure data privacy compliance
- Accelerate incident detection and response
Understand What Matters – Gain full transparency into traffic-of-interest traversing AWS
- Improve customer experience by delivering better, faster service of applications hosted on AWS
- Gain better insights and intelligence into traffic of interest
Business & AWS Cloud Benefits
- Flexible deployment models give freedom of choice on both location of workload and location of monitoring tools
- Avoid extensive re-architecting or unnecessary capacity upgrades
Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS will be generally available as community AMIs (end of November) and later, through the AWS Marketplace and activated by BYOL license.
It is inevitable that employee productivity and the quality of customer experiences suffer as a consequence of the poor performance of O365. The quick detection and rapid resolution of problems associated with O365 are top of mind for any organization to keep its business humming ...
Employees at British businesses rate computer downtime as the most significant irritant at their current workplace (41 percent) when asked to pick their top three ...
The modern enterprise network is an entirely different beast today than the network environments IT and ops teams were tasked with managing just a few years ago. With the rise of SaaS, widespread cloud migration across industries and the trend of enterprise decentralization all playing a part, the challenges IT faces in adapting their management and monitoring techniques continue to mount ...
Almost two-thirds (63%) of organizations now allow technology to be managed outside the IT department, a shift that brings both significant business advantages and increased privacy and security risks, according to the 2019 Harvey Nash/KPMG CIO Survey ...
In a post-apocalyptic world, shopping carts filled with items sit motionless in aisles, left abandoned by the humans who have mysteriously disappeared. At least that’s the cliche scene depicted by sci-fi filmmakers over the past two decades. The audience is left to wonder what happened to force people to stop what they were doing and leave everything behind. If this past weekend was any indication, Armageddon begins when Target's cash registers shut down ...
Three-quarters of organizations surveyed by Gartner increased customer experience (CX) technology investments in 2018 ...
Users today expect a more consumer-like experience and many self-service web sites are too focused on automating the submission of tickets and presenting long, technically written knowledge articles with little to no focus on UX. Understanding the need for a more modern experience, a newer concept called "self-help" now dominates the conversation in its ability to provide a more deliberate knowledge experience approach that better engages the user and dramatically improves the odds of them finding an answer ...
Establishing a digital business is top-of-mind, even more so than last year, as 91% of organizations have adopted or have plans to adopt a digital-first strategy, according to IDG Communications Digital Business Research ...
If digital transformation is to succeed at the pace enterprises demand, IT teams, the CIOs who lead them, and the boardroom must forge a far greater alignment than presently exists. That is the over-arching sentiment expressed by IT professionals in a recent survey on the state of IT infrastructure and roadblocks to digital success ...
Given the incredible amount of traffic traversing corporate WANs, it's not surprising that businesses are seeing performance issues. If anything, it's amazing applications work as well as they do ...