Gigamon announced general availability of a data-in-motion visibility platform for the cloud that enables organizations to gain consistent insight and access across their corporate infrastructure to manage workloads and applications as they scale to the cloud.
Cloud architects, SecOps and DevOps teams can obtain deep visibility into data-in-motion regardless of infrastructure location, whether owned on-premises or consumed on a cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), thereby providing them with the same visibility required to perform content inspection and secure their mission-critical workloads.
The Gigamon Visibility Platform for Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) offers:
- One consistent method to gain visibility into network traffic in Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), eliminating both the visibility gap and the need for custom agents
- Ability to consolidate and distribute traffic to multiple tools for enhanced performance. Security teams can customize traffic sent to each security tool to increase its effectiveness
- Advanced traffic intelligence functions including Gigamon’s patented Flow Mapping and GigaSMART applications - Sampling, Slicing, and Masking - to deliver only the traffic of interest to security tools, and in doing so, maximize their efficiency
- An intuitive drag-and-drop user interface on GigaVUE-FM to quickly configure traffic policies
- An agnostic platform, benefiting any security tool, management tool and application that needs network traffic for analysis and inspection
- The flexibility to run security tools anywhere – on-premises, in the same Amazon VPC, or in a centralized Amazon VPC
“The Gigamon Visibility Platform enables our customers to accelerate their ‘lift and shift’ strategy as they move workloads on AWS,” said Tim Jefferson, Global Ecosystem Leader-Security, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “They can now accelerate migration of their existing applications and workloads, while gaining greater visibility into network traffic for richer content inspection and protection of their mission-critical workloads and data.”
“During the course of the last year, many customers and partners asked us to deliver a solution that provides the same level of visibility in the cloud as we offer on-premises,” said Ananda Rajagopal, VP of Products, at Gigamon. “We developed the Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS to enable our customers to have one consistent visibility platform regardless of workload location. Now these customers can effectively manage, secure and understand all of their data-in-motion across their enterprise and AWS cloud environments.”
The Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS is built for elastic scale. Highlights include:
- Integration between GigaVUE-FM, Amazon EC2 APIs and Amazon CloudWatch to automatically discover new virtual machines (Amazon EC2 instances) or ongoing changes in a VPC
- “Automatic Target Selection” for elastic visibility as applications scale-out: Innovative, patent-pending method to automatically select and deliver traffic that matches a configured policy as new instances spin up
- A patent-pending controller-based elastic architecture that enables organizations to start small and massively scale out to maximize the benefits in a public cloud IaaS
- Open REST APIs for third-party management applications to orchestrate and automate visibility or tool vendors to perform closed loop detect-react-respond to traffic analysis
See What Matters – On-premise or on AWS
- Access, categorize, and consolidate the delivery of network traffic to out-of-band security and performance management tools
See More. Secure More – Obtain common visibility across all enterprise VPCs
- Mitigate risk and ensure data privacy compliance
- Accelerate incident detection and response
Understand What Matters – Gain full transparency into traffic-of-interest traversing AWS
- Improve customer experience by delivering better, faster service of applications hosted on AWS
- Gain better insights and intelligence into traffic of interest
Business & AWS Cloud Benefits
- Flexible deployment models give freedom of choice on both location of workload and location of monitoring tools
- Avoid extensive re-architecting or unnecessary capacity upgrades
Gigamon Visibility Platform on AWS will be generally available as community AMIs (end of November) and later, through the AWS Marketplace and activated by BYOL license.
IT teams critically require better visibility into the network driven by a number of factors, including tremendous disruption from the COVID-19 pandemic, relentless technological advances, remote working reaching an all-time high and the expanding security threatscape, according to State of the Network 2020, a study conducted by VIAVI Solutions ...
Mobile commerce offers several benefits for retailers. But all this potential can only be fully realized if retailers can manage the associated challenges that mobile commerce introduces. Anyone involved in the development, operation or troubleshooting of a mobile shopping app needs to be aware of the three following technical obstacles and plan accordingly ...
Although cost control/expense management remains top of mind, organizations are realizing the necessity of technology solutions to enable them to steer the business during these turbulent times, according to IDG's CIO Pandemic Business Impact Study ...
The COVID-19 pandemic has compressed six years of modernization projects into 6 months. According to a recent report, IT leaders have accelerated projects aimed at increasing productivity and business agility, improving application performance and end-user experience, and driving additional revenue through existing channels ...
There is no doubt that automation has become the key aspect of modern IT management. The end-user computing market is no exception. With a large and complex technology stack and a huge number of applications, EUC specialists need to handle an ever-increasing number of changes at an ever-increasing rate. Many IT organizations are starting to realize that they can no longer control the flow of changes. It is time to think about how to facilitate change ...
Starting this September, the lifespan of an SSL/TLS certificate has been limited to 398 days, a reduction from the previous maximum certificate lifetime of 825 days. With this change, everyone needs to more carefully monitor SSL certificate expiration and server characteristics ...
Nearly 6 in 10 responding organizations have accelerated their digital transformations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to The IBM Institute for Business Value study COVID-19 and the Future of Business ...
Two-thirds (67%) of those surveyed expect the sheer quantity of data to grow nearly five times by 2025, according to a new report from Splunk: The Data Age Is Here. Are You Ready? ...
Gaming introduced the world to a whole new range of experiences through augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR). And consumers are really catching on. To unlock the potential of these platforms, enterprises must ensure massive amounts of data can be transferred quickly and reliably to ensure an acceptable quality of experience. As such, this means that enterprises will need to turn to a 5G infrastructure powered by an adaptive network ...
A distributed, remote workforce is the new business reality. How can businesses keep operations going smoothly and quickly resolve issues when IT staff is in San Jose, employee A is working remotely in Denver at their home and employee B is a salesperson still doing some road traveling? The key is an IT architecture that promotes and supports "self-healing" at the endpoint to take care of issues before they impact employees. The essential element to achieve this is hyper-automation ...