HP announced the availability of several enterprise software solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS), designed to help customers test applications and run big data analytics on AWS.
New AWS compatible solutions include:
- HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner– Performance testing solutions that help Agile development teams accelerate application quality and delivery via a simple, intuitive and scalable platform.
- HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI – Big data analytics solutions that enable customers to leverage the HP Vertica data warehouse and optimize analytics for AWS Cloud and hardware environments.
HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner for AWS
HP StormRunner Load is a new, cloud testing product that helps Agile development teams test, analyze and tune applications to ensure optimal end user experience and scalability of their apps across web and mobile platforms. Key benefits include:
- Intuitive user-experience – Enables developers and dev testers to easily and quickly create and run load tests in less than 10 minutes via a SaaS infrastructure
- Smart analytics – Uses machine learning to detect application anomalies under load in real time helping speed up dev and test cycles
- Cutting-edge scalability – Scales to more than a million virtual users in minutes from geographically distributed locations to test in pre-production and production environments, perfect for a DevOps enterprise
- Enhanced integration – Executes HP LoadRunner scripts as well as open source Apache JMeter scripts and HAR files, and integrates with open source WebPageTest to show client side response providing flexibility for agile teams
HP LoadRunner is an industry standard load testing solution that helps performance engineers and developers identify and resolve issues on demand across a variety of technologies from web and mobile to ERP and traditional back-ends. Key benefits include:
- Ease of use – integrated into the DevOps and agile tool chain giving performance engineers more control on testing by launching tests as part of development environment. Key integrations for continuous testing include: jUnit, nUnit, Eclipse®, Microsoft Visual Studio®, Selenium
- Enhanced speed – Drastically reduces the amount of time and skill required to simulate user transactions in load testing while providing deep analysis capabilities
- Advanced flexibility – Supports a wide variety of platforms including web, mobile , ERP/CRM and many other protocols
“HP StormRunner Load and HP LoadRunner on AWS are leading offerings for dev test environments, which organizations depend on to reduce the costs associated with application downtime and performance issues in production, as well as supporting continuous testing of web, mobile, and legacy technologies,” said Dave McCann, Vice President of AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Listing HP’s products in AWS Marketplace makes it easier for customers to migrate more and more workloads to the cloud and use tools they are familiar with – all with frictionless procurement and fast deployment.”
“In today’s business environment enterprise developers need to quickly and easily access software to address application delivery and big data challenges to achieve strategic business goals,” said Raffi Margaliot, SVP & GM, Application Delivery Management, HP Software. “By delivering our products in AWS Marketplace, we are furthering our commitment to deliver tools that bridge the gap between traditional and cloud native environments in a hybrid infrastructure.”
AWS customers can now purchase HP’s performance testing solutions with frictionless procurement via 1-Click in AWS Marketplace. AWS users can consume HP LoadRunner at an hourly rate, paying as they scale their AWS resources.
HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI for AWS
HP Vertica OnDemand and HP Vertica AMI are now available on AWS. These offerings enable organizations to scale up and down based on the analytic demands of their enterprise and ensures maximum uptime to meet SLAs with Vertica’s trusted architecture.
- Improved agility and analytics – HP Vertica OnDemand provides a Data Warehouse as a Service (DWaaS) that enables organizations to get up and running in less than an hour and access high-performance, enterprise-class big data analytics.
- Simplification and rapid deployment – HP Vertica AMI allows customers to configure and install Vertica on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances. The solution simplifies cloud deployment with a virtual machine based AMI that includes Cloud Scripts for agile cluster management of AWS deployments.
Keeping networks operational is critical for businesses to run smoothly. The Ponemon Institute estimates that the average cost of an unplanned network outage is $8,850 per minute, a staggering number. In addition to cost, a network failure has a negative effect on application efficiency and user experience ...
Nearly 3,700 people told GitLab about their DevOps journeys. Respondents shared that their roles are changing dramatically, no matter where they sit in the organization. The lines surrounding the traditional definitions of dev, sec, ops and test have blurred, and as we enter the second half of 2020, it is perhaps more important than ever for companies to understand how these roles are evolving ...
As cloud computing continues to grow, tech pros say they are increasingly prioritizing areas like hybrid infrastructure management, application performance management (APM), and security management to optimize delivery for the organizations they serve, according to SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2020: The Universal Language of IT ...
Businesses see digital experience as a growing priority and a key to their success, with execution requiring a more integrated approach across development, IT and business users, according to Digital Experiences: Where the Industry Stands ...
Fully 90% of those who use observability tooling say those tools are important to their team's software development success, including 39% who say observability tools are very important ...
As our production application systems continuously increase in complexity, the challenges of understanding, debugging, and improving them keep growing by orders of magnitude. The practice of Observability addresses both the social and the technological challenges of wrangling complexity and working toward achieving production excellence. New research shows how observable systems and practices are changing the APM landscape ...
The enforced change to working from home (WFH) has had a massive impact on businesses, not just in the way they manage their employees and IT systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, enterprise IT teams are looking to answer key questions such as: Which applications have become more critical for working from home? ...
In ancient times — February 2020 — EMA research found that more than 50% of IT leaders surveyed were considering new ITSM platforms in the near future. The future arrived with a bang as IT organizations turbo-pivoted to deliver and support unprecedented levels and types of services to a global workplace suddenly working from home ...
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world. From augmented reality advanced analytics to new consumer solutions, IoT and the cloud are together redefining both how we work and how we engage with our audiences. They are changing how we live, as well ...