Pepperdata added enterprise-grade features to its APM suite that include auto-tuning, enhanced recommendations, and management and operational reporting, powered by an easy-to-use self-service interface.
The company also announced professional services offerings that include best-practices, performance planning, capacity planning, and architecture design for big data success.
The company’s new professional services are directly enabled by the vast amount of metrics — 600 trillion data points every year — that Pepperdata collects from tens of thousands of nodes every few seconds. This data provides unique insight into all aspects of operationalizing big data applications. Pepperdata is unique in its ability to deliver not only enterprise-grade software, but also expertise, experience and knowledge that ensures big data success.
“Customers are demanding more than features and function from us — they’re asking us to become partners in making sure their big data investments yield business results,” said Ashfaq Munshi, Pepperdata CEO. “We are the only company offering expert services along with a solution delivering instantaneous time-series data that provides precise insight relevant to enterprise platforms and applications.”
The Pepperdata APM suite — comprised of Platform Spotlight and Application Spotlight — enables tight collaboration between developers and operators, improves overall efficiency and performance, and enables enterprises to do more with their existing big data investments.
Platform Spotlight provides infrastructure and capacity managers with:
- 360° Platform View: Pepperdata continuously collects exhaustive data in real time about clusters, hosts, queues, users, applications and all relevant resources, providing a single source of operational and performance truth across clusters. This breadth of real-time data, which no other tool or product collects and provides, enables enterprises to quickly diagnose performance issues up to 90% faster than without Pepperdata, while making real-time resource decisions based on user priorities and needs.
- Real-Time Platform Tuning: Pepperdata increases platform throughput up to 50% by leveraging AI-driven resource management to automatically tune cluster resource usage and recapture wasted capacity.
- Platform Recommendations: Pepperdata provides actionable reporting and recommendations to rightsize containers, queues and other resources so enterprises can achieve optimal application and cluster performance on multi-tenant systems.
- Platform Alerting: Pepperdata exposes data at sufficient granularity to avoid nuisance alarms and create tailored alerts that pinpoint the root causes of performance issues and operational inefficiencies.
- 360° Reports: With its vast amount of data that correlates configuration and tuning changes with changes in platform performance, Pepperdata reports allow executives to understand financial impacts of operational decisions across the platform.
Application Spotlight provides developers with:
- 360° Application View: Pepperdata provides developers with a holistic source of application performance data within the context of the cluster, and enables them to quickly diagnose issues, reduce troubleshooting time, and improve performance.
- Application Tuning: Pepperdata provides real-time data from applications and cluster resources, which informs developers’ decisions about application configuration and environment considerations for improving runtime performance. Additionally, Pepperdata automatically tunes applications on an ongoing basis to improve runtime or resource utilization.
- Application Recommendations: Pepperdata automatically delivers job-specific recommendations based on comparing the values of dozens of performance metrics and tuning parameters using industry heuristics, best practices and in-depth knowledge of those metrics and parameters.
- Application Alerting: In addition to surfacing performance bottlenecks, Pepperdata enables developers to create and receive alerts about events that degrade application performance so they know when an application is at risk of failure.
Pepperdata continuously monitors over 250 production clusters across its customer base — over 30,000 nodes across all Big Data distributions and hardware configurations — for a total 550 million jobs and 600 trillion data points every year. Coupled with its success serving Fortune 100 customers, this broad set of data empowers Pepperdata to help customers:
- Establish and follow best practices and effectively set and achieve strategic initiatives.
- Stay ahead of the competition by providing faster applications and more efficient resource usage.
- Stay ahead of capacity needs and squeeze the most out of existing capacity.
- Design a successful architecture using real-world experience derived from some of the world’s biggest clusters.
- Successfully support developers and operations managers by providing self-service access to data-rich, curated, self-service portals.
Establishing a digital business is top-of-mind, even more so than last year, as 91% of organizations have adopted or have plans to adopt a digital-first strategy, according to IDG Communications Digital Business Research ...
If digital transformation is to succeed at the pace enterprises demand, IT teams, the CIOs who lead them, and the boardroom must forge a far greater alignment than presently exists. That is the over-arching sentiment expressed by IT professionals in a recent survey on the state of IT infrastructure and roadblocks to digital success ...
Given the incredible amount of traffic traversing corporate WANs, it's not surprising that businesses are seeing performance issues. If anything, it's amazing applications work as well as they do ...
Are your business applications sluggish? Choppy? Prone to getting hung up or crashing at the most inopportune times? If these symptoms sound familiar, you might be suffering from the heartache of … poor application performance. Stop me if any of this sounds familiar ...
As network transformation initiatives like SD-WAN, edge computing and public/private clouds are adopted at increasing rates, hybrid networks are quickly becoming the new normal for IT and NetOps professionals.Without visibility into these hybrid network environments, NetOps are unable to troubleshoot the business-critical applications every organization relies on today. Here are four ways IT and NetOps teams can gain better visibility into complex, hybrid networks ...
A minimum Internet Performance Bar exists that, if met, should deliver top-tier website performance, regardless of industry, according to the 2019 Digital Experience Performance Benchmark Report, from ThousandEyes, a comparative analysis of web, infrastructure and network performance metrics from the top 20 US digital retail, travel and media websites ...
Since digital transformation is happening at such a rapid pace based on new, highly complex technologies like multi-cloud, containers and microservice architectures, customers are experiencing more challenges than ever in managing this complexity. However, with every challenge comes an opportunity. So, how can channel partners leverage these market disruptions to open the door to opportunity? The answer is simple ...
Executives from proactive organizations reported using performance management strategies to deliver innovation and meet broader business goals, and implementing application performance management (APM) tools with advanced monitoring features such as real-time user experience monitoring, and providing a composite view of log and performance data, according to Driving Business Performance Through Application Performance Management, a new report from GigaOm ...
Through our recent study, we wanted to better understand how service desk users are interacting with the service teams; how they connect for service; the manner in which most service desks receive user requests; and if organizations employ a knowledge base and how that information might be stored. Here’s what we’ve discovered ...