Pepperdata added enterprise-grade features to its APM suite that include auto-tuning, enhanced recommendations, and management and operational reporting, powered by an easy-to-use self-service interface.
The company also announced professional services offerings that include best-practices, performance planning, capacity planning, and architecture design for big data success.
The company’s new professional services are directly enabled by the vast amount of metrics — 600 trillion data points every year — that Pepperdata collects from tens of thousands of nodes every few seconds. This data provides unique insight into all aspects of operationalizing big data applications. Pepperdata is unique in its ability to deliver not only enterprise-grade software, but also expertise, experience and knowledge that ensures big data success.
“Customers are demanding more than features and function from us — they’re asking us to become partners in making sure their big data investments yield business results,” said Ashfaq Munshi, Pepperdata CEO. “We are the only company offering expert services along with a solution delivering instantaneous time-series data that provides precise insight relevant to enterprise platforms and applications.”
The Pepperdata APM suite — comprised of Platform Spotlight and Application Spotlight — enables tight collaboration between developers and operators, improves overall efficiency and performance, and enables enterprises to do more with their existing big data investments.
Platform Spotlight provides infrastructure and capacity managers with:
- 360° Platform View: Pepperdata continuously collects exhaustive data in real time about clusters, hosts, queues, users, applications and all relevant resources, providing a single source of operational and performance truth across clusters. This breadth of real-time data, which no other tool or product collects and provides, enables enterprises to quickly diagnose performance issues up to 90% faster than without Pepperdata, while making real-time resource decisions based on user priorities and needs.
- Real-Time Platform Tuning: Pepperdata increases platform throughput up to 50% by leveraging AI-driven resource management to automatically tune cluster resource usage and recapture wasted capacity.
- Platform Recommendations: Pepperdata provides actionable reporting and recommendations to rightsize containers, queues and other resources so enterprises can achieve optimal application and cluster performance on multi-tenant systems.
- Platform Alerting: Pepperdata exposes data at sufficient granularity to avoid nuisance alarms and create tailored alerts that pinpoint the root causes of performance issues and operational inefficiencies.
- 360° Reports: With its vast amount of data that correlates configuration and tuning changes with changes in platform performance, Pepperdata reports allow executives to understand financial impacts of operational decisions across the platform.
Application Spotlight provides developers with:
- 360° Application View: Pepperdata provides developers with a holistic source of application performance data within the context of the cluster, and enables them to quickly diagnose issues, reduce troubleshooting time, and improve performance.
- Application Tuning: Pepperdata provides real-time data from applications and cluster resources, which informs developers’ decisions about application configuration and environment considerations for improving runtime performance. Additionally, Pepperdata automatically tunes applications on an ongoing basis to improve runtime or resource utilization.
- Application Recommendations: Pepperdata automatically delivers job-specific recommendations based on comparing the values of dozens of performance metrics and tuning parameters using industry heuristics, best practices and in-depth knowledge of those metrics and parameters.
- Application Alerting: In addition to surfacing performance bottlenecks, Pepperdata enables developers to create and receive alerts about events that degrade application performance so they know when an application is at risk of failure.
Pepperdata continuously monitors over 250 production clusters across its customer base — over 30,000 nodes across all Big Data distributions and hardware configurations — for a total 550 million jobs and 600 trillion data points every year. Coupled with its success serving Fortune 100 customers, this broad set of data empowers Pepperdata to help customers:
- Establish and follow best practices and effectively set and achieve strategic initiatives.
- Stay ahead of the competition by providing faster applications and more efficient resource usage.
- Stay ahead of capacity needs and squeeze the most out of existing capacity.
- Design a successful architecture using real-world experience derived from some of the world’s biggest clusters.
- Successfully support developers and operations managers by providing self-service access to data-rich, curated, self-service portals.
Following up the list of Application Performance Management Predictions, APMdigest also asked IT industry experts for their 2021 cloud predictions. Part 1 covers multicloud and hybrid cloud ...
Modernization projects using an incremental and continuous improvement model achieve superior results when compared to other project-based approaches including the ripping and replacing of core business applications, according to the CHAOS2020 Report from Micro Focus and Standish Group ...
Enterprise IT infrastructure never ceases to evolve, as companies continually re-examine and reimagine the network to incorporate new technology advancements and meet changing business requirements. But network change initiatives can be costly and time-consuming without a proactive approach to ensuring the right data is available to drive your initiatives ...
Data can be hard — knowing where to get it, where to store it, and most importantly, how to use it, are all questions enterprises need to answer. For most companies, this is an ongoing process in which multiple factors and challenges have arisen. In the Actian Datacast 2020: Hybrid Data Trends Snapshot, we shed light on the challenges of cloud migration and how organizations are leveraging data ...
With the COVID-19 pandemic causing economic disruptions all over the world, business organizations are further pressed to accelerate their migration to the cloud. As recovery begins and enterprises resume operations, experts expect to see increased spending on cloud services ...
Following up the list of Application Performance Management Predictions, APMdigest also asked IT industry experts for their 2021 network performance predictions. The results span 5G, NPM, SD-WAN and more ...
Gartner highlighted the six trends that infrastructure and operations (I&O) leaders must start preparing for in the next 12-18 months ...
As the global pandemic continues, it has become increasingly clear that companies across every industry are planning the "next normal" of their workplace with a much longer-term view. They have moved from serially extending temporary work-from-home (WFH) arrangements to establishing permanent policies focused on empowering people to WFE — work-from-everywhere ...
The New Year means it is time for DEVOPSdigest's annual list of DevOps predictions. Industry experts offer thoughtful, insightful, and often controversial predictions on how DevOps and related technologies will evolve and impact business in 2021 ...