Pepperdata added enterprise-grade features to its APM suite that include auto-tuning, enhanced recommendations, and management and operational reporting, powered by an easy-to-use self-service interface.
The company also announced professional services offerings that include best-practices, performance planning, capacity planning, and architecture design for big data success.
The company’s new professional services are directly enabled by the vast amount of metrics — 600 trillion data points every year — that Pepperdata collects from tens of thousands of nodes every few seconds. This data provides unique insight into all aspects of operationalizing big data applications. Pepperdata is unique in its ability to deliver not only enterprise-grade software, but also expertise, experience and knowledge that ensures big data success.
“Customers are demanding more than features and function from us — they’re asking us to become partners in making sure their big data investments yield business results,” said Ashfaq Munshi, Pepperdata CEO. “We are the only company offering expert services along with a solution delivering instantaneous time-series data that provides precise insight relevant to enterprise platforms and applications.”
The Pepperdata APM suite — comprised of Platform Spotlight and Application Spotlight — enables tight collaboration between developers and operators, improves overall efficiency and performance, and enables enterprises to do more with their existing big data investments.
Platform Spotlight provides infrastructure and capacity managers with:
- 360° Platform View: Pepperdata continuously collects exhaustive data in real time about clusters, hosts, queues, users, applications and all relevant resources, providing a single source of operational and performance truth across clusters. This breadth of real-time data, which no other tool or product collects and provides, enables enterprises to quickly diagnose performance issues up to 90% faster than without Pepperdata, while making real-time resource decisions based on user priorities and needs.
- Real-Time Platform Tuning: Pepperdata increases platform throughput up to 50% by leveraging AI-driven resource management to automatically tune cluster resource usage and recapture wasted capacity.
- Platform Recommendations: Pepperdata provides actionable reporting and recommendations to rightsize containers, queues and other resources so enterprises can achieve optimal application and cluster performance on multi-tenant systems.
- Platform Alerting: Pepperdata exposes data at sufficient granularity to avoid nuisance alarms and create tailored alerts that pinpoint the root causes of performance issues and operational inefficiencies.
- 360° Reports: With its vast amount of data that correlates configuration and tuning changes with changes in platform performance, Pepperdata reports allow executives to understand financial impacts of operational decisions across the platform.
Application Spotlight provides developers with:
- 360° Application View: Pepperdata provides developers with a holistic source of application performance data within the context of the cluster, and enables them to quickly diagnose issues, reduce troubleshooting time, and improve performance.
- Application Tuning: Pepperdata provides real-time data from applications and cluster resources, which informs developers’ decisions about application configuration and environment considerations for improving runtime performance. Additionally, Pepperdata automatically tunes applications on an ongoing basis to improve runtime or resource utilization.
- Application Recommendations: Pepperdata automatically delivers job-specific recommendations based on comparing the values of dozens of performance metrics and tuning parameters using industry heuristics, best practices and in-depth knowledge of those metrics and parameters.
- Application Alerting: In addition to surfacing performance bottlenecks, Pepperdata enables developers to create and receive alerts about events that degrade application performance so they know when an application is at risk of failure.
Pepperdata continuously monitors over 250 production clusters across its customer base — over 30,000 nodes across all Big Data distributions and hardware configurations — for a total 550 million jobs and 600 trillion data points every year. Coupled with its success serving Fortune 100 customers, this broad set of data empowers Pepperdata to help customers:
- Establish and follow best practices and effectively set and achieve strategic initiatives.
- Stay ahead of the competition by providing faster applications and more efficient resource usage.
- Stay ahead of capacity needs and squeeze the most out of existing capacity.
- Design a successful architecture using real-world experience derived from some of the world’s biggest clusters.
- Successfully support developers and operations managers by providing self-service access to data-rich, curated, self-service portals.
Industry experts offer thoughtful, insightful, and often controversial predictions on how APM and related technologies will evolve and impact business in 2020. Part 2 covers AIOps, AI and Machine Learning (ML) ...
As the New Year approaches, it is time for APMdigest's 10th annual list of Application Performance Management (APM) predictions. Industry experts offer thoughtful, insightful, and often controversial predictions on how APM and related technologies will evolve and impact business in 2020 ...
Enterprises with services operating in the cloud are overspending by millions due to inefficiencies with their apps and runtime environments, according to a poll conducted by Lead to Market, and commissioned by Opsani. 69 Percent of respondents report regularly overspending on their cloud budget by 25 percent or more, leading to a loss of millions on unnecessary cloud spend ...
For IT professionals responsible for upgrading users to Windows 10, it's crunch time. End of regular support for Windows 7 is nearly here (January 14, 2020) but as many as 59% say that only a portion of their users have been migrated to Windows 10 ...
Application performance monitoring (APM) has become one of the key strategies adopted by IT teams and application owners in today’s era of digital business services. Application downtime has always been considered adverse to business productivity. But in today’s digital economy, what is becoming equally dreadful is application slowdown. When an application is slow, the end user’s experience accessing the application is negatively affected leaving a dent on the business in terms of commercial loss and brand damage ...
Useful digital transformation means altering or designing new business processes, and implementing them via the people and technology changes needed to support these new business processes ...
xMatters recently released the results of its Incident Management in the Age of Customer-Centricity research study to better understand the range of various incident management practices and how the increased focus on customer experience has caused roles across an organization to evolve. Findings highlight the ongoing challenges organizations face as they continue to introduce and rapidly evolve digital services ...
The new App Attention Index Report from AppDynamics finds that consumers are using an average 32 digital services every day — more than four times as many as they realize. What's more, their use of digital services has evolved from a conscious decision to carry around a device and use it for a specific task, to an unconscious and automated behavior — a digital reflex. So what does all this mean for the IT teams driving application performance on the backend? Bottom line: delivering seamless and world-class digital experiences is critical if businesses want to stay relevant and ensure long-term customer loyalty. Here are some key considerations for IT leaders and developers to consider ...
Through the adoption of agile technologies, financial firms can begin to use software to both operate more effectively and be faster to market with improvements for customer experiences. Making sure there is the necessary software in place to give customers frictionless everyday activities, like remote deposits, business overdraft services and wealth management, is key for a positive customer experience ...