Virtual Instruments introduced VirtualWisdom 6.0, a hybrid infrastructure management and AIOps platform.
By visualizing the infrastructure in the context of the application, VirtualWisdom 6.0 enables organizations to proactively gain full control over the performance and availability of the applications across their modern hybrid data centers. In doing so, VirtualWisdom delivers improved control, greater business agility and reduced infrastructure costs. Furthermore, it brings an end to the costly, unproductive and antiquated “IT war rooms” typically created to resolve critical application slowdowns and outages.
The new release of VirtualWisdom holistically monitors, analyzes and optimizes the health, utilization, capacity and performance of IT infrastructure within the context of the application. VirtualWisdom discovers and maps applications to the infrastructure to understand where each application lives and how it behaves on top of the infrastructure, in addition to discerning the business value and SLA tier of each application. Once this end-to-end visibility is established, VirtualWisdom then applies real-time, AI-based analytics that include machine learning, statistical analysis, heuristics and expert systems, allowing enterprises to ensure the performance and availability of the mission-critical applications across their highly complex hybrid data centers.
By leveraging Virtual Instruments’ highly scalable wire and machine data instrumentation and app-centric analytics, the new VirtualWisdom 6.0 platform delivers four key capabilities: Application Service Assurance; Predictive Capacity Management; Workload Infrastructure Balancing; and Problem Resolution and Avoidance. These complementary capabilities enable organizations to proactively identify and resolve infrastructure-related performance, capacity and utilization issues that are impacting business-critical applications, which removes the need for costly reactive firefighting that is the hallmark of traditional IT war rooms.
Key features of the new version of VirtualWisdom include:
- Updated dashboards that now integrate Proactive Analytics, with new visualizations and configuration data that:
* Identify workload balancing opportunities and display the recommendations directly on any dashboard
* Deliver new inventory status charts to provide “at-a-glance” control of deployed infrastructure configuration
* Provide the ability to annotate dashboards with embedded images and text through the new Freeform card
- Enhancements to Trend Matcher, the industry’s leading AI-based cross-silo correlation analytic. The AI-based correlation is now app-centric and topology-aware, which overlays correlation directly onto the topology map – making it easier to understand the impact of infrastructure issues across all silos
- Application-centric Topology enables easy understanding of the complete the end-to-end path of applications from compute to data storage
- Correlation of native application and infrastructure discovery with Dynatrace, in addition to existing correlation with AppDynamics, ServiceNOW, VMWare vApps, Netflow and host discovery
- New ability to rapidly correlate the impacts of end-user response time to infrastructure performance through enhanced event integration with AppDynamics
- New Operating System Integration provides agentless collection of OS level metrics from either Linux or Windows hosts across cloud, virtual, and physical instances
- Operating System Integration support for Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft’s Azure cloud platforms
- New iSCSI wire data monitoring support in the NAS Performance Probe, which complements existing NFS and SMB monitoring capabilities
- New Storage integrations to monitor the health, performance and capacity of Dell/EMC’s VMAX/PowerMAX and IBM’s SVC, including the abilities to balance workloads and reclaim capacity
- New Predictive Capacity Management, which helps an enterprise optimize its infrastructure capacity; identify capacity exhaustion risks; and proactively recover unused capacity by:
* Predicting and optimizing infrastructure capacity
* Planning and optimizing the deployment of new infrastructure
* Monitoring and forecasting capacity consumption rates
* Helping avoid capacity exhaustion
“As the complexity of our data center continued to grow exponentially, we faced the risk of becoming reactive to infrastructure and application issues – rather than proactively addressing them,” said Jon Phillips, Enterprise Storage and SAN Team Manager, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). “With the new VirtualWisdom and its AIOps capabilities, we will gain full visibility into the performance, capacity, health and utilization of our mission-critical applications and the underlying infrastructure. As a result, we will be able to take a proactive approach to assuring the availability and performance of our critical apps and services. This not only helps ensure a stellar user experience, but also enables us to avoid unproductive and resource-intensive troubleshooting sessions in our IT war room.”
“Most enterprises face an uphill battle in trying to proactively manage and automate their hybrid data centers because their organizations have been built in a siloed approach using legacy monitoring technologies,” said Philippe Vincent, CEO of Virtual Instruments. “As a result, when a business-critical application experiences a problem that cannot be immediately remediated, the enterprise retreats to the IT war room to begin an expensive, inefficient and contentious trouble-shooting process. The new VirtualWisdom platform ends the need for IT war rooms by helping our customers collaborate via a shared context across the entire infrastructure stack in the context of each application. This enables the enterprise to gain control of application service delivery and restore enterprise IT’s ability to move the business forward and innovate.”
VirtualWisdom 6.0 is available on October 31, 2018.
Service desks teams use internally focused performance-based metrics more than many might think. These metrics are essential and remain relevant, but they do not provide any insight into the user experience. To gain actual insight into user satisfaction, you need to change your metrics. The question becomes: How do I efficiently change my metrics? Then, how do you best go about it? ...
The skills gap is a very real issue impacting today's IT professionals. In preparation for IT Pro Day 2019, celebrated on September 17, 2019, SolarWinds explored this skills gap by surveying technology professionals around the world to understand their needs and how organizations are addressing these needs ...
Top performing organizations (TPOs) in managing IT Operations are experiencing significant operational and business benefits such as 5.9x shorter average Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) per incident as compared to all other organizations, according to a new market study from Digital Enterprise Journal ...
Multichannel marketers report that mobile-friendly websites have emerged as a dominant engagement channel for their brands, according to Gartner. However, Gartner research has found that too many organizations build their mobile websites without accurate knowledge about, or regard for, their customer's mobile preferences ...
Do you get excited when you discover a new service from one of the top three public clouds or a new public cloud provider? I do. But every time you feel excited about new cloud offerings, you should also feel a twinge of fear. Because in the tech world, each time we introduce something new we also add a new point of failure for our application and potentially a service we are stuck with. This is why thinking about the long-tail cloud for your organization is important ...
A solid start to migration can be approached three ways — all of which are ladder up to adopting a Software Intelligence strategy ...
Many aren't doing the due diligence needed to properly assess and facilitate a move of applications to the cloud. This is according to the recent 2019 Cloud Migration Report which revealed half of IT leaders at banks, insurance and telecommunications companies do not conduct adequate risk assessments prior to moving apps over to the cloud. Essentially, they are going in blind and expecting everything to turn out ok. Spoiler alert: It doesn't ...
Research conducted by Aite Group uncovered more than 80 global eCommerce sites that were actively being compromised by Magecart groups, according to a new report, In Plain Sight II: On the Trail of Magecart ...
In this blog, I'd like to expand beyond the TAP and look at the role Packet Brokers play in an organization's visibility architecture. Here are 5 common mistakes that are made when deploying Packet Brokers, and how to avoid them ...
Over the last several years, EMA research found that enterprises are actively expanding their use of network automation tools.To understand these automation projects more fully, EMA has completed a new study, titled "Enterprise Network Automation for 2020 and Beyond" ...