CA Application Performance Management (CA APM) r10.7 is now available.
This release is strongly focused on cloud and container monitoring and application to infrastructure monitoring and correlation.
Organizations are embracing Docker Containers to speed development, but a lack of performance visibility across more complex application architectures can compromise this goal. What’s now needed are modern monitoring approaches that natively support Docker Containers, Kubernetes and cloud environments and don’t overburden teams with lengthy configurations and unnecessary overhead. CA APM supports a variety or cloud and container environments with a low-touch, maximum visibility approach, including automatic flow and dependency mapping, adaptive baselining, and performance correlation across hosts, containers and applications – in the most complex and demanding distributed microservices architectures.
In CA APM you can easily view container, host, application and underlying infrastructure services in one place where all metrics and transactions are correlated across the stack to provide detailed insights, dependencies and analysis giving you the context you need to understand these complex environments. You can easily switch between application and infrastructure views to better understand the service health. Information collected are then correlated and analyzed as evidence in Assisted Triage to help reduce the noise and get to the real root cause of an issue quickly.
New in CA APM 10.7 for cloud and container monitoring include:
- OpenShift Monitoring – monitors performance, correlates application components to OpenShift-aware infrastructure layers. An container image of the monitoring service can be downloaded from the Red Hat Container Catalog.
- Kubernetes Monitoring – monitors performance, correlates application components to Kubernetes-aware infrastructure layer
- Enhanced Docker Monitoring – simplifies deployment of monitoring, correlates application components to Docker-aware infrastructure layer
- Enhanced VMware Monitoring – monitors VM and physical performance, correlates application components to VMware-aware infrastructure layer
APM 10.7 also adds the following capabilities in early access:
- AWS Monitoring – correlates your application to infrastructure with rich attribute metadata
- Azure Monitoring – correlates your application to infrastructure with rich attribute metadata
- Cloud Foundry – correlates your application to infrastructure with rich attribute metadata
In addition to cloud and container monitoring, there are many new features that continue on our path of delivering a modern APM platform including :
- Agent Health View – monitors and visualize APM infrastructure health for APM administrators
- F5 monitoring as an APM Infrastructure Agent extension
- Web server monitoring as an APM Infrastructure Agent extension
- APM Command Center Enhancements – additional agent platforms and improved configuration workflow
- Early Preview of Bootstrap Agent – the last agent you will ever need to upgrade to; contact product management to get the agent
- Diagnostic Waterfall Charts – available in CA App Experience Analytics and in CA APM, this feature provides real user resource waterfall which allows you to drill down into individual sessions to see exactly what an individual or group of users experienced when they reached your site. This lets you to determine how quickly the components loaded and which components caused the slow load times, whether it was an internal or 3rd party resource.
Nearly 3,700 people told GitLab about their DevOps journeys. Respondents shared that their roles are changing dramatically, no matter where they sit in the organization. The lines surrounding the traditional definitions of dev, sec, ops and test have blurred, and as we enter the second half of 2020, it is perhaps more important than ever for companies to understand how these roles are evolving ...
As cloud computing continues to grow, tech pros say they are increasingly prioritizing areas like hybrid infrastructure management, application performance management (APM), and security management to optimize delivery for the organizations they serve, according to SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2020: The Universal Language of IT ...
Businesses see digital experience as a growing priority and a key to their success, with execution requiring a more integrated approach across development, IT and business users, according to Digital Experiences: Where the Industry Stands ...
Fully 90% of those who use observability tooling say those tools are important to their team's software development success, including 39% who say observability tools are very important ...
As our production application systems continuously increase in complexity, the challenges of understanding, debugging, and improving them keep growing by orders of magnitude. The practice of Observability addresses both the social and the technological challenges of wrangling complexity and working toward achieving production excellence. New research shows how observable systems and practices are changing the APM landscape ...
The enforced change to working from home (WFH) has had a massive impact on businesses, not just in the way they manage their employees and IT systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, enterprise IT teams are looking to answer key questions such as: Which applications have become more critical for working from home? ...
In ancient times — February 2020 — EMA research found that more than 50% of IT leaders surveyed were considering new ITSM platforms in the near future. The future arrived with a bang as IT organizations turbo-pivoted to deliver and support unprecedented levels and types of services to a global workplace suddenly working from home ...
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world. From augmented reality advanced analytics to new consumer solutions, IoT and the cloud are together redefining both how we work and how we engage with our audiences. They are changing how we live, as well ...
Despite IT professionals' confidence in their ability to support today's much greater dependence on digital services, there is a rise in application performance errors reported by more than half of consumers, according to the Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Transformation survey from xMatters ...