CA Technologies is helping simplify “cloud choice” with new and updated products and solutions for enterprises and service providers.
CA Business Service Insight 8.0
· Developed to manage the service performance of both cloud-based and traditional services, CA Business Service Insight helps enterprises plan and assure cloud initiatives. By offering features to discover, compare and measure services and service levels, customers can make the best informed choices around service options.
· Customers can benchmark and compare internal and external services and their performance by using the Service Measurement Index hosted at Cloud Commons. In addition, Business Service Insight provides the ability to research different service options using social interaction. Valuable service opinion and comparison data can be collected by creating questionnaires to poll peers in the industry.
· Business Service Insight also helps customers reduce performance and security risk by providing the ability to discover the traditional and cloud services currently running in an IT environment.
· Finally, customers can improve business agility and increase customer satisfaction by providing the business level visibility needed to help assure services are performing at operational and contractual service levels.
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers 12.5
· Delivers the ultimate in enabling cloud choice. The integrated solution for automated data center management allows IT to respond to business needs, such as requirements for additional computing capacity on demand. This “cloud-bursting” capability allows customers to move workloads from private to public clouds as needed to meet demand and SLAs.
· Advances in CA Technologies rapid server imaging technology help prevent vendor lock-in. Customers can seamlessly move applications and workloads into, out of and across public cloud provider platforms from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Terremark.
· Comprised of new releases of CA Server Automation, CA Virtual Automation, CA Configuration Automation and CA Process Automation, CA Automation Suite for Data Centers offers a comprehensive, step-wise approach to automation. It provides dynamic provisioning, configuration management, deployment and elastic scaling of IT services and infrastructure combined with policy-based server automation to maximize business service quality and availability.
CA AppLogic 3.0
· This turnkey cloud computing platform allows enterprises to design and deliver virtual business services across private and public clouds. With an intuitive visual interface, enterprises can define infrastructure, provision, deploy and manage applications, as well as monitor operations, using only a browser. With this release, customers can now run applications and services using VMware ESX and Xen hypervisors on the same grid, providing a new level of freedom and flexibility for delivering cloud services. In addition, customers can import workloads using the Open Virtualization Format (OVF), making smart use of existing virtualization investments.
· The new Global Fabric Controller adds detection and inventory functions to simplify installation and help reduce operating costs, and the role-based access control capabilities provide new options to enhance security. Enterprises running internal applications on the CA AppLogic cloud platform can easily move those applications to any of the global ecosystem of public cloud providers also using the CA AppLogic cloud platform.
CA Automation Suite for Clouds 1.0
· A new pre-integrated solution to deliver private cloud services. This out-of-the-box solution enables rapid, predictable and secure provisioning and delivers cloud infrastructure and critical services designed for hybrid environments.
· The pre-tested and extensible framework is designed for customers and partners to rapidly implement and accelerate time to value. It includes pre-designed workflows for automated, self-service delivery of virtual and physical infrastructure and application services, making it ideal for both foundational IaaS environments and easy extensibility to current and future automated cloud services. CA Automation Suite for Clouds is comprised of CA Server Automation, CA Virtual Automation, CA Process Automation, CA Configuration Automation and CA Service Catalog.
CA Virtual Placement Manager 1.0
· Helps enterprises design and deliver virtual infrastructure. It brings to market a revolutionary approach to capacity management by automatically solving for optimal workload assignment, predicting capacity needs, and addressing performance and response time risks while also right-sizing new and existing virtual machines. Users can perform these analyses with both existing and hypothetical infrastructure components.
· The placement and balancing solution, based on technology further developed from the Hyperformix acquisition, incorporates an infrastructure library and leverages performance and capacity utilization data from third party agents to support multi-vendor analysis. CA Virtual Placement Manager helps address problems of VM stall and sprawl by leveraging patented analytics to safely increase overall host to VM ratios.
Additional Enhanced Products
CA Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers 12.5 to help assure application performance across virtual, cloud and traditional IT environments;
CA Identity Manager 12.5 and CA Role & Compliance Manager 12.5 to help secure and control identity and access across virtual, cloud and traditional IT environments;
CA Data Manager 4.3 for designing data center efficiency; and
CA Automation Suite for Cisco UCS 12.5 for delivering dynamic service and application automation across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures.
Over three quarters (79%) of database professionals are now using either a paid-for or in-house monitoring tool, according to a new survey from Redgate Software ...
Gartner announced the top strategic technology trends that organizations need to explore in 2022. With CEOs and Boards striving to find growth through direct digital connections with customers, CIOs' priorities must reflect the same business imperatives, which run through each of Gartner's top strategic tech trends for 2022 ...
Distributed tracing has been growing in popularity as a primary tool for investigating performance issues in microservices systems. Our recent DevOps Pulse survey shows a 38% increase year-over-year in organizations' tracing use. Furthermore, 64% of those respondents who are not yet using tracing indicated plans to adopt it in the next two years ...
Businesses are embracing artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to improve network performance and security, according to a new State of AIOps Study, conducted by ZK Research and Masergy ...
What may have appeared to be a stopgap solution in the spring of 2020 is now clearly our new workplace reality: It's impossible to walk back so many of the developments in workflow we've seen since then. The question is no longer when we'll all get back to the office, but how the companies that are lagging in their technological ability to facilitate remote work can catch up ...
The pandemic accelerated organizations' journey to the cloud to enable agile, on-demand, flexible access to resources, helping them align with a digital business's dynamic needs. We heard from many of our customers at the start of lockdown last year, saying they had to shift to a remote work environment, seemingly overnight, and this effort was heavily cloud-reliant. However, blindly forging ahead can backfire ...
SmartBear recently released the results of its 2021 State of Software Quality | Testing survey. I doubt you'll be surprised to hear that a "lack of time" was reported as the number one challenge to doing more testing, especially as release frequencies continue to increase. However, it was disheartening to see that a lack of time was also the number one response when we asked people to identify the biggest blocker to professional development ...
The role of the CIO is evolving with an increased focus on unlocking customer connections through service innovation, according to the 2021 Global CIO Survey. The study reveals the shift in the role of the CIO with the majority of CIO respondents stating innovation, operational efficiency, and customer experience as their top priorities ...
The perception of IT support has dramatically improved thanks to the successful response of service desks to the pandemic, lockdowns and working from home, according to new research from the Service Desk Institute (SDI), sponsored by Sunrise Software ...
Is your company trying to use artificial intelligence (AI) for business purposes like sales and marketing, finance or customer experience? If not, why not? If so, has it struggled to start AI projects and get them to work effectively? ...