Centerity introduced monitoring support for OpenStack, the massively scalable cloud operating system.
OpenStack is a cloud-computing project focused on providing the "ubiquitous" open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds what will predominantly act as an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platform.
Centerity provides out of the box support for a wide range of in-depth monitoring of all critical metrics and KPIs across the OpenStack environment. As part of Centerity’s holistic BSM view, Centerity provides a service pack that allows users to correlate Hadoop performance and availability KPIs with other resources such as infrastructure elements, SAP HANA, OS and more.
Centerity Monitor supports the integration with OpenStack APIs in order to monitor all available metrics of the OpenStack environment, resources and applications. OpenStack users can use it to collect and track metrics, gain insight and react immediately to keep its applications and businesses running smoothly. Through Centerity, OpenStack customers gain system-wide visibility into resource utilization, application performance and operational health.
What is missing from the OpenStack framework and critical for its users is the need for comprehensive monitoring capabilities with the ability to comply with Business Service Management (BSM) standards. BSM monitoring is the essential tool that allows IT and Business Units to create a holistic approach to complex enterprise services aligning expectations to delivery with required levels of service availability and performance (SLA/OLA) for both external and internal customers.
Now, Centerity brings holistic BSM monitoring capabilities to a customer’s entire hybrid environment whether those assets are cloud-based, virtual or physical and regardless if located internally or externally to an organization. Centerity gives critical, real-time visibility to the evolving complexity of the service topology involving multiple, hybrid components such as Hardware, OS, Networking, Systems, Applications and more.
CENTERITY'S ADDED VALUE TO OPENSTACK:
- Centerity delivers an enterprise-class and carrier-class BSM solution based on Multi-Level SLA/OLA monitoring of every component in the application environment (e.g., HW, OS, Network, Applications, User Experience, etc.) including applicable Public/Private Cloud and Virtual assets.
- Centerity provides "out of the box" integrate to existing OpenStack applications, scripts & open-source plugins.
- Centerity delivers clear, comprehensive views and control over processes.
- Centerity supports agent-based and agentless monitoring.
- Centerity's BSM solution is scalable and extensible.
- Centerity's BSM solution delivers broad performance metrics, alerts, reports and availability statuses over different timeframes.
- Centerity provides a "single pane of glass" for failure identification allowing for immediate failure identification in corresponding components and layers.
- Centerity provides Interactive, Executive Dashboards and Maps.
The integration between Centerity and OpenStack allows the monitoring of KPIs including:
- Nova (flavors, servers lists, security groups)
- Swift (storage service status, dispersion analysis, cluster queries)
- Keystone (identity and token monitoring)
- Glance (image numbers, image names)
- Rabbit MQ (message queuing/status, server resources, instance counts)
- Hypervisors (VMware, XenServer, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Nearly 3,700 people told GitLab about their DevOps journeys. Respondents shared that their roles are changing dramatically, no matter where they sit in the organization. The lines surrounding the traditional definitions of dev, sec, ops and test have blurred, and as we enter the second half of 2020, it is perhaps more important than ever for companies to understand how these roles are evolving ...
As cloud computing continues to grow, tech pros say they are increasingly prioritizing areas like hybrid infrastructure management, application performance management (APM), and security management to optimize delivery for the organizations they serve, according to SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2020: The Universal Language of IT ...
Businesses see digital experience as a growing priority and a key to their success, with execution requiring a more integrated approach across development, IT and business users, according to Digital Experiences: Where the Industry Stands ...
Fully 90% of those who use observability tooling say those tools are important to their team's software development success, including 39% who say observability tools are very important ...
As our production application systems continuously increase in complexity, the challenges of understanding, debugging, and improving them keep growing by orders of magnitude. The practice of Observability addresses both the social and the technological challenges of wrangling complexity and working toward achieving production excellence. New research shows how observable systems and practices are changing the APM landscape ...
The enforced change to working from home (WFH) has had a massive impact on businesses, not just in the way they manage their employees and IT systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, enterprise IT teams are looking to answer key questions such as: Which applications have become more critical for working from home? ...
In ancient times — February 2020 — EMA research found that more than 50% of IT leaders surveyed were considering new ITSM platforms in the near future. The future arrived with a bang as IT organizations turbo-pivoted to deliver and support unprecedented levels and types of services to a global workplace suddenly working from home ...
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world. From augmented reality advanced analytics to new consumer solutions, IoT and the cloud are together redefining both how we work and how we engage with our audiences. They are changing how we live, as well ...
Despite IT professionals' confidence in their ability to support today's much greater dependence on digital services, there is a rise in application performance errors reported by more than half of consumers, according to the Impact of COVID-19 on Digital Transformation survey from xMatters ...