New Relic announced the New Relic One Observability Platform, built to help customers create more perfect software.
The company announced advanced platform capabilities, including New Relic Logs, New Relic Traces, New Relic Metrics, and New Relic AI to empower teams with the data they need to move faster and build better digital experiences.
The company also unveiled programmability on the New Relic One Platform, which gives all customers and partners the ability to build entirely new applications on top of New Relic One, enabling them to integrate their best of breed business data and create seamless workflows on the platform to drive real-time actionable insights.
"New Relic One is now the world’s first observability platform that is open, enabling customers to bring in agent-based and open telemetry data so they have no blind spots; connected, allowing customers to see relationships between their systems so they can act more quickly and effectively; and programmable, empowering customers to build entirely new applications on top of New Relic to fuel their business. It’s not a platform unless you can build apps on it," said CEO and Founder Lew Cirne. “I’m so inspired by the creativity and ingenuity I’ve seen from our early-access customers and partners building observability apps on New Relic One. I can’t wait to see what our developer community will unleash for our global customers."
New Relic One was built in response to the needs of companies who are leveraging the power of modern software technologies, including cloud technology and containerization, to quickly build, scale and operate business-critical applications. They require a single observability platform for all their critical data with applied intelligence and automation technologies that can seamlessly fit into their unique business processes so they can optimize their software and deliver better customer experiences.
Empowering customers and partners to quickly and easily build new applications on New Relic One:
- New Relic One allows New Relic’s developer community and customers to easily build and share applications that connect observability data and business data, unlocking opportunities for companies to deliver better digital customer experiences.
- New Relic One makes it easy for developers to go from “idea to application” very quickly. Developers only need to know React.js and GraphQL, two popular Internet languages, to begin coding, and applications can be created in minutes.
- New Relic One programmability is available now for all customers.
Open-source applications for the New Relic developer community:
New Relic worked with a select group of customers and partners to jointly develop an initial set of New Relic One applications. These apps are freely available for New Relic’s developer community to download on Github under an apache license.
Initial New Relic One apps include:
- Cloud Optimize -- Compares size of an organization’s cloud resources to utilization, so companies can save money on their cloud bill.
- Github Integration -- Teams can immediately see what a service does and who's been working on it, so they can troubleshoot faster.
- Site Analyzer -- Forecasts website performance and how improved KPIs, such as traffic and average load times, can drive better customer experiences.
- Status Page -- Consolidates Statuspage.io status pages into a single dashboard, so teams have one place to check on all their key dependencies and diagnose issues quickly.
- Customer Journeys -- Tracks customer cohort progress through the funnel, so teams can better understand how customers are moving towards a purchase decision.
New Relic Logs - Correlate log, application and infrastructure data in a single platform:
- New Relic announced the availability of New Relic Logs, a new log management capability that allows teams to easily manage log data with application and infrastructure data -- while quickly performing ad hoc searches that return queries instantaneously -- all in a single, highly scalable platform.
- Without having to switch tools and lose context, teams can more easily detect and resolve issues faster, often before they impact customers. New Relic Logs eliminates the cost and complexity of managing and maintaining multiple on-premise and legacy log management tools in-house.
- New Relic Logs is now available.
New Relic Traces and New Relic Metrics: New Relic One unifies performance data from any source, whether agent-based or agentless:
- New Relic announced the availability of New Relic Traces and New Relic Metrics, two new products designed to bring more sources of data into the New Relic One Observability Platform. Customers can now easily ingest data from any source -- including Metrics, Events, Logs and Traces -- into the platform.
- New Relic continues to actively contribute to and support several open source communities such as OpenTelemetry, AdoptOpenJDK and CNCF.
- New Relic Traces and New Relic Metrics are now available.
New Relic AI: a comprehensive AIOps and smarter incident response suite:
- New Relic introduced New Relic AI, now in beta, a new intelligent AIOps solution for busy DevOps, SRE and on-call teams that helps them find, troubleshoot, and resolve problems faster. New Relic AI automatically correlates, aggregates and prioritizes incident data, eliminating noise and dramatically cutting MTTR. Initial customers have reported that they have seen a 80+% reduction of alerting noise.
- New Relic AI deeply integrates with customers’ PagerDuty accounts, and delivers critical proactive insights to customers’ Slack channels directly, including intelligent incident context and automatic anomaly detection. Customers have access to critical business information about their production system at their fingertips, all without modifying existing on-call workflows.
The Cloud Performance Benchmark from ThousandEyes compares global network performance and connectivity differences between the five major public cloud providers — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud and IBM Cloud — proving that, when it comes to performance, not all clouds are created equal ...
For the past 10 years, the majority of CIOs have had a transformational focus (currently 42%), however, this year, there is strong momentum in CIOs taking on more strategic responsibilities (40%), according to the 2020 State of the CIO research from IDG's CIO ...
The tech world may be falling in love with artificial intelligence and automation, but when it comes to managing critical assets, old school tools like spreadsheets are still in common use. A new survey by Ivanti illustrates how these legacy tools are forcing IT to waste valuable time analyzing assets due to incomplete data ...
Over 70% of C-Suite decision makers believe business innovation and staff retention are driven by improved visibility into network and application performance, according to Rethink Possible: Visibility and Network Performance – The Pillars of Business Success, a survey
conducted by Riverbed ...
Modern enterprises rely upon their IT departments to deliver a seamless digital customer experience. Performance and availability are the foundational stepping stones to delivering that customer experience. Along those lines, this month we released a new research study titled the IT Downtime Detection and Mitigation Report that contains recommendations on how to best prevent, detect or mitigate brownouts and outages, given the context of today’s IT transformation trends ...
While Application Performance Management (APM) has become mainstream, with a majority of tech pros using APM tools regularly, there's work to be done to move beyond troubleshooting ...
Over the last few decades, IT departments have decreased budgets in part because of recession. As a result, they have are being asked to do more with less. The increase in work has amplified the need for automation ...
Many variables must align for optimum APM, and security is certainly among them. I offer the following APM predictions for 2020, which revolve around the reality that we will definitely begin to see much deeper integration of WAN technology on the security front. Look for this integration to take shape in the following ways ...
When it comes to growing a successful company, research shows it isn't about getting the most out of employees, but delivering an experience that empowers them to be and do their best. And according to Priming a New Era of Digital Wellness, a new study conducted by Quartz Insights in partnership with Citrix Systems, technology is the secret to doing so ...