Zenoss announced the availability of Zenoss 5.
“With its extensibility, visualization and other capabilities, Zenoss 5 serves as a single platform for monitoring that can scale with enterprise applications and Big Data while simplifying operations so teams can focus on the critical business services they deliver,” said Jay Lyman, Research Manager, Infrastructure Software, 451 Research. “The latest version of the software enables customers to achieve scalability, flexibility and efficiency while reducing the cost of operations with simplified, unified monitoring as part of a more agile, DevOps approach.”
Zenoss 5 leverages state-of-the-art technologies including Docker, within the Zenoss Control Center, and Apache HBase within Big Data Hadoop to deliver high-fidelity monitoring at scale that gives IT operations a unified, service-centric view of application infrastructure and the intelligence required to quickly and cost-effectively avoid service disruptions.
“Zenoss 5 fundamentally changes the game,” said Greg Stock, Chairman and CEO of Zenoss. “Driven by innovation, we are proud to deliver the first scalable, model-based platform that enables our customers and partners to manage IT environments of any size and complexity without compromise."
Zenoss 5 utilizes a next generation microservices application architecture to dramatically improve performance monitoring, scalability, availability and usability including:
- Big Data Scale: Powered by HBase on Hadoop, Zenoss delivers near real-time performance monitoring (millions of data points per second) that elastically scales to meet business demands.
- Zenoss Control Center: Simplified, centralized administration, automated self-monitoring and end-to-end management and orchestration of Zenoss 5.
- Maximum Infrastructure Utilization: Use resource pools and capacity-aware job scheduling to dynamically allocate resources automatically through Zenoss Control Center.
- Intelligent Analytics: Mash up event, performance and configuration data and share insights easily with other team members and groups for more effective collaboration.
- Proactive Policy Management: Use events to drive automated monitoring policies, reducing costs and minimizing outages through better root cause data and proactive performance anomaly detection.
- Collector Load Balancing: Monitored resources can now be automatically balanced across multiple collectors with real-time streaming to achieve massive and efficient scale.
- Health Status: Architected to ensure visibility into the health and status of critical IT operations in the cloud with automatic recovery services.
- Disaster Recovery: Integrated online backup and restore supports zero downtime backups.
- Snapshot and Rollback: Apply configuration changes or patches with the ability to quickly roll back or roll forward changes on any part of the platform.
When you consider that the average end-user interacts with at least 8 applications, then think about how important those applications are in the overall success of the business and how often the interface between the application and the hardware needs to be updated, it's a potential minefield for business operations. Any single update could explode in your face at any time ...
Despite the efforts in modernizing and building a robust infrastructure, IT teams routinely deal with the application, database, hardware, or software outages that can last from a few minutes to several days. These types of incidents can cause financial losses to businesses and damage its reputation ...
In Episode 7, Will Cappelli, Field CTO of Moogsoft and Former Gartner Research VP, joins the AI+ITOPS Podcast to discuss the future of APM, AIOps and Observability ...
Mark Thiele on the AI+ITOPS Podcast: "I believe AIOps will be everywhere, or you will be failing if you're attempting to do scale ..."
How is the AIOps market evolving? The answer in five words is: "Toward increasing levels of diversity." In the EMA Radar Report AIOps: A Guide for Investing in Innovation, EMA examined 17 vendors with cross-domain AIOps capabilities, along with doing 31 deployment interviews, and discovered a high degree of variety in design, functionality and purpose ...
In 2020, our society is undergoing massive upheaval and businesses are being forced to adapt on the fly. During this period of crisis, the companies that make the necessary adjustments the quickest will succeed. We're already seeing it happen in the accelerated push toward digitization, as companies that smoothly digitize their customer experiences move forward and those that don't get left behind ...
In Episode 6, Mark Thiele, Co-Founder and CEO of Edgevana, joins the AI+ITOPS Podcast to discuss taking AIOps to the edge ...
Bhanu Singh on the AI+ITOPS Podcast: "AIOps is an enabler for us to manage the complex digital world that we are stepping in at lightning speed ..."